Achieving Success in Negotiations
Negotiations are more than just a method by which people settle differences. It is a process by which compromise or agreement is reached while avoiding counterproductive arguments. Seek an agreement in which each party in a negotiation feels like they “won” something important.
- Identify the framework for understanding what a negotiation is
- Recognize personal strengths and areas of opportunity in negotiation skills
- Analyze and select negotiation strategies aligned to specific situations
- Use Best Alternative to a Negotiated Agreement
- Recognize power and pitfalls in negotiation